- Year by Year Guide
- TCNJ Liberal Learning Courses which meet the State’s requirement in Fine/Performing Arts and in US History
- Graduate Course Approval Form
- Applying for Graduation: Students must apply for graduation using PAWS and submit the Conferment of Degree form. There are three graduation times each school year: May, August and December. May applications are due in January, August applications are due in February and December applications are due in September. The graduation application fee is $75.00. Students who apply after the application deadline will be charged a $35.00 late fee. Students must apply for the bachelor’s degree and for the master’s of arts in teaching.
- Graduate Application (ELEU and ECEU Program) In order for the college to transition a student from undergraduate to graduate status, the student must complete the graduate application during the last semester of undergraduate study. To be eligible for the graduate program students must have a minimum GPA of 3.0. Graduate Program Planners are on the web. It is a student’s responsibility to apply for admission to the graduate portion of the program. When completing the online application use either the ECEU (for early childhood) or ELEU (for elementary) code. This online application should be filed by:
March 1st for Summer or Fall admission to the graduate portion of the course of study
October 15th for January admission to the graduate portion of the course of study
Students do not need to do the following parts of the application process:
- letters of recommendation
- GRE exam
- Information on applying for graduate level Student Teaching/Internship II. The STEP Office holds a pre-Student Teaching meeting toward the end of the Fall semester. This meeting is for any student who expects to student teach in the following academic year. Applications for Student Teaching are completed over the winter break and are due at the beginning of the Spring semester. Students must complete an application for the deaf education placement and a separate application for the elementary education program. Applications are submitted to the appropriate departm * 5-Year Course Sequence
- Graduate Course Sequence
- Graduate Program Planner
- Comprehensive Exam: All master’s candidates are required to register for the comprehensive exam. In urban education, this is typically given only in the spring semester.
- Information on Mantoux Testing which is required prior to field placements
- Information on transferring undergraduate classes to TCNJ is available through NJ TRANSFER. If a course is listed on NJ TRANSFER as an acceptable course, you need not get a course approval form signed by the Office of Records and Registration. You may simply take the course and have the transcript sent back to TCNJ after the course has been completed. Please remember however, that most community college courses are three credits and that you will be responsible for the extra credit.
- Information on the New Jersey Certification requirement for the Bilingual Education can be found online.